A recent collection of artfully uncommon musings
written by Kent Healy
⇒23 Jul 2012
In fact, I’ve actually been quite busy creating and sharing thoughts for an uncommon life. Those who subscribe to my other blog, Maxims4Mavericks, know exactly what I’m talking about.
Roughly three times per week I have been sharing concise advice alongside a colorful, thought-provoking image — or as I call it, “paradigm bending pop-art.”
Below are some of those posts (all titles are links) I have shared in the past few weeks that may help you lead an uncommon life:
- It’s time to ring your own Liberty Bell – Free yourself from the norm
- If you follow the herd too closely, you’ll end up in a heap of sheep.
- Perception is the problem. And the opportunity.
- Your only obligation is originality.
- Balance can be visually disproportionate.
- Artists are not groomed to be artists — they are doomed to be artists.
- Originality is the only antidote to obscurity.
- Be an idea executor not an idea executioner.
- Ideas can’t grow in captivity.
- Live in permanent beta.
- There are rules… And there are rules that change the rules.
- Ideas have a shelf-life.
- It might be a NOpportunity.
- Questions are shepherds of the mind.
Success & Inspiration:
- If you’re going to jump into the deep end, it matters little how deep the water is.
- Fortunately for the rest of us, success is not a monarchy.
- Do-cide: A word that should be added to the English language.
- Starting is cheap. Inaction is expensive.
- Failure is cross-training.
- Aim to make wherever you are the center.
- The pursuit of success can sting. #honeybadgerdontcare
- Stop. But please don’t park.
- Act like an adult. Not a grown up.
- Today’s lesson: Educate yourself.
- Human rocket fuel.
- The time is …. NOW!
- This is what it means to be a linchpin.
- Now hiring ONLY intrapreneurs.
- The new icon of location independence.
- Making contact shouldn’t feel like an alien abduction.
Have we connected on:
You might also enjoy:
- Other Uncommon Life posts
- My free Maxims for Mavericks ebook
- My Maxims 4 Mavericks blog (for more frequent, concise insights)
- Uncommon profile: Natalie Sisson – Candid confessions from a suitcase entrepreneur
- The uncommon life realized – 2011 recap & lessons learned
- Invoice yourself – What are you (really) worth?
- Why work does not often happen at work – Featuring Jason Fried